Casual Lolita for a Barbecue

12:00:00


Last week we actually had summer up here in Yorkshire. True and beautiful, awful to be stuck inside a building while it lasted and incredible when you got to enjoy it outside. Of course, being Yorkshire, even 5 days of summer was way too long so that gorgeous hot and sunny weather is over now, but just at the end of it my family and I managed to go out to our friends for a barbecue.

| Innocent World Strawberry Tart OP | Bodyline shoes | Cutie
Creator hat | offbrand socks and cardigan |


In all honesty, wearing this dress sort of just happened rather than was planned. I needed something that was comfortable but light, able to accommodate excessive eating without making me feel like a pig yet still cute. And then I remembered this dress, which turned out absolutely perfect. When I received it in the lucky pack I was unsure about it, but decided to give it a go – now that I have I absolutely love it, it’s my new summer favourite and I already have further plans for it. Although I still can’t imagine wearing it in a 100% true Lolita way (I’m not sure how this would accommodate a petticoat, even a smaller A-line).

We also had loads of fun at the barbecue. It was nearly 3 years since my last barbecue – which tells you a lot about weather in the North of England and how fickle summers are. As is common with Polish people, there was way too much food which we somehow managed to eat (at least most of it), there was loud talk and people complaining about how hot it had been that week (and that Friday was literally the last hot day, it got chilly and rainy the following day). But we all enjoyed ourselves.

Too much food for one small table

It’s a shame that the weather didn’t last at least a little bit longer. I have a week off now due to school holidays and it would’ve been nice to play around with more summery casual coordinates during that time, but I guess it’ll have to wait. At least I won’t cook in my ILD outfit this Saturday coming though.


10 comments:

  1. you look cute :) it reminds me of a country lolita style :D too bad it was never popular really, I've always liked it^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love country Lolita! I see it every now and then, especially in summer, but not too much. Let's bring it back! :D

      Delete
  2. You look great in this dress, I feel you on not being able to make this type of dress into a lolita coord with a petticoat. Having a similar OP from Innocent World and it looks really odd with a petticoat on me even my smallest one. I didn't knew that North England had such bad weather in summer for bbq's, luckily you had a great day this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought. I guess it makes sense with Innocent World and their philosophy, so I'll just have to make the best out of it and find ways to wear it often.
      From what my friend in Belgium said, the weather in Yorkshire is quite similar to Belgian one: it's often cloudy and mild, with quite a bit of rain and wind on top of that. It doesn't get into either extreme with temperature here, the coldest I've ever experienced here was maybe around -5*C (which is nothing really) and it doesn't get into high 30*C unless there's a heatwave. Last year summer was rubbish, pretty cool and cloudy for most part, so it's nice to have had some actual hot weather for a change.

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem with the wannabe Karami 3 tier jsk, but still btssb, my hips fill the space pretty much out, so a underskirt/dress and long bloomers is a better idea. The skirt is so small in the width, that I can just accuratelly sit with my legs vend and covered completely like Momoko.
    But it look really great on you with cardigan, it is perfect casual dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Karami would look good with an underskirt, but I've doubts if this one wouldn't be a bit too Sweet for one. I do like the idea of long bloomers though, I've been in a lookout for a nice pair for a while.
      Haha, I actually only put the cardigan on because the sun has set and it got a little chilly. Good to know that the two go together :D

      Delete
    2. Ideally underdress/skirt meant to worn under formal wear and are almostly invisble. I have a IW underskirt with dot tulle border, it is not sweet, but very subtle. But it is ending at same length as Karami. I have to get a longer one, possible tealength or longer, because the jsk's skirt is bouncy.

      Delete
    3. That's a shame. Wouldn't it work if you tried to wear it lower, maybe on your hips? Or is it already as low as you can get it?

      Delete
    4. It is not the Karami skirt, but a empire waist jsk. I can't lower without strech the full shired straps and the bust sit at wrong place. The dress is too heavy for the elastic.

      Delete
  4. I remember seeing this coord on instagram and loving it! Gingham always gives such a fresh feel, and this looks like the perfect barbecue outfit! I'm glad you were able to make the most of that little bit of lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.